Menu For Hope is an annual fundraising event established by Chez Pim five years ago. It involves food bloggers worldwide, donating or sourcing prizes which readers can win by simply buying a raffle ticket. In the last three years alone, Menu For Hope has raised almost a quarter of a million dollars, greatly supporting UN World Food Programme's Purchase for Progress initiative.
WIN A COPY OF MY BOOK
Menu For Hope is back this year and i'll be contributing 2 copies of my book, I Ate My Way Through Singapore & Vietnam, valued at AU$49.95 each.
I Ate My Way Through Singapore & Vietnam is a 128 page hardcover, vivid photographic memoir coffee-table style book, covering my experience back to my parent's hometown in Vietnam plus a detour to Singapore, a country synonymous for its shopping and hawker stalls. Discover the irresistable flavours of South-East Asia through this chapter of dramatic photographic images and taste the delectable culture and magic of street food vendors who work with little more than a cart and some humble ingredients. This book will excite, delight, educate and inspire - plus the beautifuly illustrated designs, delectable photographs and stunning high quality print materials makes it an ideal gift for foodies this Christmas. It is currently on sale for AU$49.95 at selected bookstores with 10% of net proceeds going to KOTO, a not-for-profit restaurant and vocational training program that is changing the lives of street and disadvantaged youth in Vietnam.
HOW TO ENTER
- Choose a bid item or bid items of your choice from our Menu for Hope main bid item list or browse the local Asia Pacific list which is hosted by Ed at Tomatom
- Remember to use the code AP29 or AP30 if you would like to try and win a copy of my book, I Ate My Way Through Singapore & Vietnam
- Go to the donation site at Firstgiving and make a donation
- Please specify which bid item you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per bid item, and please use the bid item code. Each US$10 (a little of AUD $11) you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a bid item of your choice. For example, a donation of US$50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02 – 2xEU01, 3xEU02.
- If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match. (This isn’t relevant to Australian bidders)
- Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone
My book on sale at Dymocks World Square