I was going to wait until I had eaten all 5 salads this week before I blogged about it, but why wait? The best thing about blogs is that you readers get the latest pics and info with minimal turnaround time.
I actually had this salad for lunch today... and less than 12 hours later, here you have it:
Bresaola with zucchini flowers, asparagus, broad beans, feta, baby spinach, basil and a lemon virgin dressing
Since Bourke Street Bakery started the email subscriptions, I have been obsessed! In winter, it was their hearty soups which were reinvented daily. Now, I'm stuck onto their salads -all of which are served with a generous slice of their delicious crusty sourdough. There's nothing better than receiving an email reminder of the daily specials every morning... it keeps my mind set til lunch time!
Roast beef with grated pickled beetroot, goats feta, parsley, lentils, baby spinach and a red wine dressing
I found that the dressing in the roast beef salad (I had this last week, pic is above) to be too heavy, but the mix of lentils made it a scrumptious gourmet lunch that was extremely filling. Today's bresaola salad was a lot lighter and just as tasty, although I would have loved more than one zucchini flower...
Are you hooked yet? Here are some of the recent salads that were on offer:
- Pork with chat potato, chick pea, baby spinach, mint, basil and coriander, with a lemon, cornichon and spring onion dressing
- Duck with roast potatoes, roast beetroot, goats feta, parsley, celery, lentils, baby spinach, and a red wine dressing
- Roast chicken with white beans, croutons, braised fennel, parsley, and rocket and a lemon dressing
- Smoked salmon with potato, capers, roast red onion, basil, hazel nuts, tomato, witlof and a lemon and verjuice dressing
- Roast pork with chick pea, potatoes,baby spinach, mint, corriander, basil, and a light lemon mayo dressing
- Roast lamb with crispy pancetta, roast pumpkin, green beans, parsley, baby spinach, anchovies, goats feta and a balsamic dressing
Bourke Street Bakery on Broadway
130 Broadway, Sydney